After spending 2-weeks helping Johan’s parents pack their belongings to move to Perth, a week on the road from Sunshine Coast, Queensland to Perth, Western, Australia we are back in Brisbane.
Last night when we arrived back in Brisbane, I felt like I was home. You know that lovely feeling you get after arriving home from a long journey? That is how I felt… *big sigh*
But then that made me think about what day it was. The 28th of December. I don’t have that much time in Australia until I have to go back to America because my visa ends in the New Year. Which is tough for me and Johan, because I don’t want to leave him here. Really wish he were studying in America this next Semester. We will continue standing strong and loving across the distance. We did it for one year – so we can definitely do it for a little while longer until we wont have to be separated by the ocean ever again. He is planning on coming to visit during his next school break and also possibly Christmas! I am sooo pumped about that.
But yes, if you all could just keep us in your prayers that would be lovely.
The beginning of the New Year is coming up soon… do you all know what you want to achieve in the New Year? I have never been very good at New Year’s Resolutions… but, this year I will meet my goals! :)
- Get in shape.
- Find a job where I can support myself and start saving for the future.
- Finish editing my book by the end of February.
- Start looking for Beta Readers (Anyone interested? If you are, note that in your comment below.)
- Get a professional editor to go over my manuscript.
- Send it off to Agents.
- Get signed to a Literary Agency.
- Get a few more short stories written for a Modern Fairytale Anthology.
- Finish the second Created Ones book.
- Start the Third and final one.
- Start a single book (name not being released yet.)
- Take a trip to Montana to edit and do some writing for this new book.
- Build my reader fellowship and platform.
- Learn Afrikaans and be able to understand more.
I probably have a few more here and there…
I am going to… Are you?
What about you? What are some of your New Years Resolutions?